A quick guide to create test case using Manual mode of Katalon Studio, a complete test automation tool, built on the top of Selenium and Appium. Katalon Studio helps you start automation testing on web on mobile with the least efforts and no costs. Free download at www.katalon.com
Read full guideline https://docs.katalon.com/x/9YEw
Given a sample test case with the steps as below:
- Open the browser
- Navigate to a website
- Click on certain control
- Validate if a control exists on the page
- Close the browser
Follow these steps to automate the above test scenario in Manual view:
- Select File > New > Test Case from the main menu. The New Test Case dialog will be displayed. Provide the name for the new test case, then click OK button.
- Once a new test case is created, it is opened in Manual view. This view allows users to create automation tests easily with little programming skills required.
- Select Add > Web UI Keyword from the command toolbar.
- Select the Open Browser keyword. This keyword will open a browser and navigate to the specified URL if provided. (selected keywords will have their description displayed along for reference).
- Add the Navigate To Url keyword. This keyword will navigate to a specified URL. Double click on the Input cell to provide additional data (parameters) for the keyword.
- The Input dialog is displayed.
For now, enter the URL of Katalon (katalon.com) into the Value column then click OK.
- Add the Click keyword. This keyword represents the click action on a given object. Double click on the Object cell to provide the object for the keyword.
- All captured objects in Object Repository are displayed in the Test Object Input dialog (Refer to Spy Object for details regarding how to capture objects). Select your object then click OK.
- Add the Verify Element Present keyword. This keyword validates if a certain object is displayed on the executing browser. Similar to the previous step, you need to specify the object to be used with this keyword.
- Add the Close Browser keyword and save your test case.
- Click on Run in main toolbar to execute the test case.
- Katalon Studio should be able to execute all the steps of the sample test case.
With a little bit patience, now you know how to create automation test in Manual view of Katalon Studio, congrats!