A quick guide to create test case using Record and Playback feature of Katalon Studio, a complete test automation tool, built on the top of Selenium and Appium. Katalon Studio helps you start automation testing on web on mobile with the least efforts and no costs. Free download at www.katalon.com
Read the full guideline at https://docs.katalon.com/x/BoIw
Follow these basic steps to get familiar with the Record & Playback features:
- Click on the New Test Case button on the main toolbar. Provide a name for your test case and click OK. An empty test case will be created.
- Click on Record from the main toolbar.
- The Record dialog is displayed.
- Click on the Record button to start recording test case.
- Execute all your test steps on the browser. All of your actions performed on the browser will be recorded by Katalon Studio. The recorded steps and related data are shown below for the actions of going to Google and searching two keywords on the browser.
- You can Stop or Pause recording if needed. When you are done with recording, click OK to save recorded actions into Katalon Studio.
- You will be prompted to save captured objects into Object Repository of Katalon Studio. Click OK to continue.
- Recorded objects and actions are saved into the test case as shown below.
- Click on the Run button on the main Toolbar to execute the script. You can specify the target browser to run by selecting it from the dropdown list.
Note: The steps above create and run a simple test case.
You have successfully known how to create automation test using Record & Playback feature of Katalon Studio!